- Homes To Rent
- Retirement Living
- Retirement Living Locations
- Available Retirement Properties
- Home Exchange
- Supported Housing
Father Joe Taaffe House is situated in Digbeth, in the heart of the Irish community and one mile from the city centre.
The scheme was purpose built in 1998 by Father Joe Taaffe to provide supported housing for tenants age 55+ and features 27 self-contained one bedroom flats and onsite facilities that include a 24-hour warden call alarm system, lift access, communal lounge, laundry room, landscaped garden and organised social activities.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
Onsite facilities at our retirement living schemes are designed to help with lifestyle and wellbeing, and include:
- 24-hour warden call alarm system
- Designated days for Scheme Managers to be onsite
- Residents’ lounge
- Hair salon*
- Laundry facilities*
- IT suite*
- Guest room
- Meeting room
- Quiet room*
- Key safes in each flat*
- Colour-coded corridors*
- Organised social activities such as bingo, dominoes, fitness classes*
- Communal garden*
- Weekly visits by local church for prayer meetings*
- Visits and support from local agencies and extra care providers
- Befriending services
- Places of worship nearby
- Easy access to local amenities on foot or via bus service
- Wi-Fi available in communal areas
- Small dogs and cats are accepted
- Gaelic classes (at Father Joe Taaffe House)
*available at many but not all schemes
The best way to decide which one of our retirement living schemes is right for you, is to arrange a tour. Contact us to discuss our schemes or ask any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 0121 358 0966.
Contact details for Father Joe Taaffe House are below.
Scheme Manager Lynn Gannon
Father Joe Taaffe House
163 Alcester Street Digbeth Birmingham B12 0PH
Telephone: 0121 772 7187